The ultimate wardrobe challenge.








 First of all, let me start by wishing you all the best for 2013. I hope you all had an amazing new-year's eve. I certainly had the time of my life. 2013 is going to be a very special year. There are a lot of changes ahead of me and even more decisions to be made. Who knows were I might be around this time next year? To add consistency to this year, and most off all, to test my creativity I created myself a challenge. The biggest adventure in the history of menswear:
This year, I am going to wear a different outfit every day. 

365 days. 365 different looks.  
My parents gave me the book "A year in fashion a look a day". (After a friend recommended it to me) It's a diary with ins and outs of the fashion industry and  every page has a little place to write what you were wearing on that date. I like to be creative in what I wear. I like to use old things in a completely different way (e.g. earrings make a great pair of collar-tips). I like a little excitement. But of course rules must be made for a challenge like this.

 - There must be a reasonable difference between every single one of these 356 outfits.
(A different pair of underpants do not change an entire look.)
 - A statement piece can only be worn once a week. 
(Ew I despise those people who wear the same outfit twice in one week!)
- On a day were multiple outfits are required: The most important one is the one that counts.

 Oh what did I do to myself? As if picking an outfit for tomorrow isn't hard enough as it is already. I know it's going to be tough. I'm going to try posting about my look everyday. Or at least multiple times a week. Because of all the changes that are coming into my life (graduation, going to college) please don't hate me for taking a break every once in a while. So with 9 watches, 14 trousers, 10 blazers, 11 blouses, 21 T-shirts, 5 vests, 7 scarfs, 4 sweaters, 3 jumpers, 3 cardigans, 4 belts, 7 pairs of shoes, 14 ties, 6 bow-ties, 4 matching handkerchiefs and 1 spencer, I accept the challenge. I'll be needing a lot of luck, (hence my combination of lucky socks, perfume and watch in the fourth picture above) hairspray and support. Feel free to leave some tips, inspiration, encouragement or suggestions in the comments below. I am sure this is going to be one of the best years of my life (so far!).

About today's outfit. 
I rose out of bed in the early afternoon after watching the Viennese Neujahrsconcert. I hate wasting a good outfit on an insignificant day so I decided to take it easy today by wearing my only pair of blue jeans, my gray blouse (note, it doesn't have a collar so it looks a bit strange but I like the effect of it) and I paired it all together with my turquoise watch. To be honest: I didn't feel like wearing shoes today as I didn't leave the house at all. Now I'm off to bed. Hoping my Maison Margiela blazer arrives in the moring for my outfit tomorrow night!

One day is over
364 outfits to go











 p.s. follow me on instagram to see the latest outfit-updates @simplybyaldo


Simply Style By Aldo is also on: